For the week of Easter, we visited Kallen's Grandpa and Grandma Hill in Eugene Oregon. The Easter Bunny dropped off his basket full of eggs a day early this year, so Kallen and his cousin Daniel got to enjoy their easter candy a little earlier than usual. He was even nice enough to hide Kallen's eggs a little easier for the little guy to find since he is so young. They were all just laying on the grass in plain site. We thought that as soon as he saw the eggs on the grass that he'd get excited to pick them up, but no luck. He looked, no I should say glanced at them for one second, and then ignored them completely.

He wanted to walk around the yard rather than searching for eggs. What's the deal? Is this kid not the spawn of me? I mean, what kind of kid of mine enjoys exploring the great outdoors rather than eating chocolate? I don't know....hmmm. If I hadn't actually given birth to the little guy I would wonder.
While searching Grandpa's yard, he discovered many things. First, he met Salem, their mild mannered puppy dog. He loved petting him with Grandpa and Uncle Aaron.

He also discovered a basketball, which he tried to pick up and carry everywhere. Maybe he thought it was a really big egg.

The eggs the Easter Bunny left might not have been a hit, but the other gift he left definitely was. A Shopping Cart! Kallen loved it. The Easter Bunny hit a home run with this gift. Kallen would drive the cart all around the yard and then when we forced him to come in, he continued to drive it all around the house. Kallen is funny with his shopping cart though. He doesn't like anything in it. If you put anything in the cart he will take it out immediately. Maybe we'll need to work with him on that. After all, a shopping cart is not that useful unless things are in it.
1 comment:
I'm sure he'll learn to love putting things in it. I was talking to a friend the other day who has two boys and telling her how Lydia's favorite toy is her baby doll stroller. She fills it with all kinds of things and just hauls it around the house. She does it all day. She said that she was reading somewhere how all children love strollers, so she bought one for her boys, and even they love it. I kinda thought that there must be something better out there with the same purpose for boys. You found it! Good job! He will love it and use it for a long time.
Post a Comment