Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tyson's Officially A Lawyer

I was looking through some of our old pictures today, and realized that I never posted these from Tyson's swearing in.  He is now officially a lawyer in the state of Washington.  He was sworn in on November 6th, 2008.

I'm so proud of him.  He has done so much to get to where he is today.  He worked hard to get into law school at UW and did great these past three years.  He then studied super hard to pass the Washington State Bar.  Now he is a clerk at the Washington State Supreme Court and loves who he works with and what he does.  

It was a very special day when Kallen and I got to attend his swearing in at the Washington State Supreme Court.  It was nice because the swearing in was just for the law clerks at the court and a few other special people related to some of the Justices.  It was also very nice to hear his Judge, Justice Johnson, say a few words about him and all that he has accomplished.  

Here he is getting sworn in by the Chief Justice.  He's in the middle in the back row.  Sorry the pictures are blurry and a bit dark.  I was stuck way in the back row of the courtroom and my camera doesn't have a great zoom.  

This is Justice Johnson introducing Tyson to everyone.

I wanted to include a picture of our State's Capital and the Temple of Justice, so you all know where this took place and where Tyson works.  I think that they are both pretty cool looking buildings.  Don't you think?



Here is Tyson with his Judge, Justice Jim Johnson, after the ceremony.

Here we are...Me, Kallen and Tyson. 

And here is Kallen hanging out at the court.  He was such a good little trooper through the whole thing and stayed very quiet.  I think he was the only little squirt there...so you can imagine how quiet it was.


5 comments:

April Hill said...

Yay Tyson! Good job!

Aaron Hill said...

I second that notion

Sarah said...

Wow, congratulations Tyson! What a long hard road. Good thing though... I'm going to need to know a lawyer with all the trouble I get into.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Im glad you put these pictures up here! I wish we could have all been there for that! That would have been awesome to see.
I know it's not the same thing, but I got the chills when Bryan sworn into the Air Force. It's a similar process I think. He has to raise his hand and repeat an oath and sware in! It's pretty cool!
Tyson rocks doesn't he!? You're so lucky Tenay! :)

cameron said...

congratulations tyson!!!! and family... YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!