Tuesday, April 5, 2011

St Patricks Day

It was a lot of fun this year to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, because Kallen got into it so much more. Isn't it always fun to celebrate the holidays when your kids are excited for them?

Kallen of course wore green for school, which made him happy, because green is his favorite color. He also came home with a shamrock on his cheek and cute shamrock crafts. Even Weston got into the green action, wearing a Lucky and Charming shirt.



For dinner, I tried to make a fun green meal. Tyson provided the corned beef, which a coworker at work made for him. I provided the green potatoes, beans, and green oreos for dessert. Kallen was also super happy because while he was at school, we were visited by some Leprechauns who left some of their magic behind. If Daddy said the magic words, Kallen's milk would turn green while it was being poured into his cup. He was super excited and kept asking for magic milk for days afterwards. Sadly, I had to tell him that magic green milk only happens on St. Patrick's Day. He wasn't too happy about that, but his attitude changed pretty quickly after receiving chocolate milk as a substitute.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad to see you blogging again! Sorry, I don't read blogs much anymore, but I do like to check in from time to time. Glad to see you all are getting better. We can seem to throw sickness around here. We seem to invite it in, give a blanket, and coddle it to rest here with us. I loved Kallen's talk. Weston is growing to look alot like him it seems! I love you and really hope to see you sometime... I guess when sickness goes away for his vacation.

Sarah said...

Sorry, it was supposed to say "can't".