Thursday, December 6, 2007

The First Snow

Last Saturday we got snow! Hurray. I love it when it snows. I still get all giddy inside like a little kid whenever the white flakes begin to fall. Plus, snow always makes the Christmas season a little more special. Don't you think so?

One of my favorites things about living in Snoqualmie is the fact that we get snow a few times each year. Since we live a little higher up in the mountains than Seattle, we often get snow while everyone else is stuck with rain. However, this time, it snowed everywhere. It began Saturday afternoon and kept snowing all night long. When we woke up on Sunday there was about 8-10 inches of the beautiful white stuff on the ground. It was awesome. However, the cold storm that came through didn't last, and before we could even play in it, the rain began. By the end of the day, all my beautiful snow was gone. I was so sad because Kallen didn't even get to play in it.


Even though it had already begun to rain, we had to take Kallen out to see the great white stuff. So we quickly pulled on his jacket and put his snow hat on. He was so happy to get outside because he loved watching the snow from inside.


He smiled the entire time we were outside. He even tolerated his snow hat, which he hates wearing. I could tell that he loved the snow because he wasn't continually trying to tug it off.




Once we were inside, his little hands went strait for his hat. It was off within seconds. Oh well, at least he'll wear it outside.


3 comments:

Abbie said...

We should move up to snoqualmie! We only got a measley 2 inches down here. I love the snow. Kallen is so adorable!

Melissa said...

Fresh snow is so very beautiful--very picturesque!

Aaron Hill said...

Kallen is so happy! What a cute kid. I can't wait to see him for Christmas!