Monday, February 4, 2008

Our Two Christmas'

Sorry that I haven't posted anything for months. I've taken pictures, but I haven't gotten around to editing them at all, so I never wanted to post them. Oh well. They still aren't edited, but Grandma Hill has been patient long enough and now demands to see pictures of Kallen. So here they are.

We travelled down to Eugene for Christmas this year and spent the holidays with Tyson's whole family. It was great. Very crowded, but it was great to have everyone there.

Tyson's family has a tradition of waking up as early as possible every Christmas, so even though I think this tradition is silly and should be destroyed, in the end I had to play along. Little Kallen wasn't even awake when we started. Lucky kid, he got to keep sleeping for a little longer.

Once Kallen did wake up, I don't think he really got that he was getting presents, but he sure liked all the attention he got. He loved having 15 people clapping for him every time he'd do something cute. He would sit in the middle of the floor with his legs spread out on his sides and clap along with all of us as we chanted, "yeah for Kallen". What a funny kid.

Our trip to Oregon was great. However, Kallen did have a few accidents while we were down there. I don't know if you could tell from any of the previous pictures, but this little guy got a very bruised nose. Just a day after we arrived, Kallen was leaning against one of Grandpa Hill's speakers and toppled it over. In the process of doing so, he fell over on it and the base of the speaker, which is made of metel and pretty sharp, whacked him right on the bridge of his nose between his eyes. He had the biggest gash and his poor little eyes and nose were black and blue for days. This is the best picture I could find of it. But this was a few days after it happened. This wasn't the only bump Kallen got. It seemed like every day he would end up getting hurt in some way. For instance, one day he fell off the bed onto his head and then later that night got whacked in the head with a WII controller. Poor kid. But he recovered from all of his bumps and bruises very quickly.

After our trip to Oregon, we then came home to Washington and had Christmas with my parents. Kallen really liked looking at the tree with all of the lights and my parents new train.



It was a great Christmas for us all. We were so happy to see all of our family and Christmas is always better when you have a little squirt to share it with. We can't wait till next year when Kallen will get the whole thing a little better.

No comments: