Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Da ta ta"

You are probably all wondering what a da ta ta is.  Well, its the word Kallen uses for a smoke detector.  I have no idea why this kid likes them, but he loves smoke detectors and points them out to us whenever he sees one...and I mean whenever and wherever he spots one.  He finds these little guys everywhere and it amazes me how he sees them from great distances too.  Very silly.


Well here is a funny story about a smoke detector.  Kallen woke up a little early from his nap today, so I went in to lay down with him hoping he'd go back to sleep.  He actually did for a few minutes which made me happy.  I thought, "yes, he's out."  Just as I was about to congratulate myself on getting the squirt back to sleep,  he suddenly woke up, with his eyes big and wide, and yelled..."datata"!  Then he quickly got up and went to our hallway to point them out to me. Evidently the kid even dreams about datatas.  It surprised me at how quickly he went from sleeping to instantly being awake.  I guess smoke detectors are pretty exciting things for 2-year olds...at least my 2-year-old. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Datata! I love it! Daniel used to call airplanes buh-buhs. Isn't so cute when they start talking and making up words of their own!? And smoke deceters!? How silly! I love that boy!

terrah said...

That's hilarious!

Aaron Hill said...

i think Tyson dreams of "de ta tas" as well haha

Sarah said...

I'm waiting to hear any announcements...