Kallen has a few things that he absolutely hates. One of those things is the doctor...not just his, but any doctor. Any time we go to his doctor he freaks out as soon as the man in the white coat comes close to him. He is especially afraid of stethoscopes. Why? I have no idea. They are the least harmful of any of the doctors instruments. He also freaked out big time when the doctor tried to measure him last time. Does that hurt? Nope. Not that I know of. However, Kallen was relatively calm when they checked his ears and eyes. Now that seems more harmful than a stethoscope and standing against a wall. Silly kid.
Anyway, you would also think that Kallen wouldn't mind going to someone else's doctor. Nope. He still hates it. Every time I have to go get a checkup, which happens a lot since I'm pregnant, he has to have me hold him and even when I get my blood pressure checked he starts crying and trying to push the doctor away from me. Maybe he is just trying to protect me? That is kind of sweet. Then again, maybe he is just trying to push the doctor further away from him and Mommy isn't a factor at all. That seems more like it. :)
Another thing Kallen hates is getting his hair cut. When he was a baby I gave him some haircuts, which basically turned into buzz cuts. Then when he got a little older, Tyson took him to his "old school" barber in Snoqualmie for Kallen's first real haircut. Tyson's barber has a one-man shop in old Snoqualmie and it is pretty interesting. It smells like a barber shop that I could imagine my Grandpa going to, complete with the old 50's chairs and furniture. It also has tons of animal heads up on the wall. It really is a funny old shop. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures of this first "real" haircut, so I went with Tyson for Kallen's second and got these.
From these pictures, you probably think we were torturing the little guy. He screamed at the top of his lungs the entire time.
Hopefully one day Kallen won't be scared of the barber or the doctor, but for now, I'm afraid that we'll have a mega "freak out" every time we go see either one. Wish me luck, because we have to go see the doctor tomorrow. Ahhh, I'm so looking forward to the freak out moment that awaits me.
4 comments:
Ok...I feel bad now too. Cause I started laughing! Poor Kallen. And poor you! Have fun at the Doctors. We've always given Daniel his haircuts, but our clippers are really old now, so I ook him to the barbers for the first time last week. I had to entice him into the seat with candy. I was thinking to myself, this is rediculous, a five year old afraid of a haircut! But then again, he's never been to one before I guess.
PS--you and Ty look awesome! Is he loosing weight?!
those pictures are great. what a funny story. But when all was said and done, Kallen looked pretty studly with his new hair cut
Our experience is somewhat opposite...Cora loves the doctor...anytime she has an "ouchy" she asks to go to the doctor because, "i'll feel better." Maybe it is a good thing, or maybe not...we have to be extra attentive to medicines because she knows they make her feel better and so she always wants to take some. Just wait for the dentist ;)
ah!!!!!!!!!!! he is so big!!! so sad he freaked out
Post a Comment