Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Weston Update

Weston is now over 2 months old.  Where did those two months go?  With Kallen I felt like each day just dragged by at the beginning, but with Weston they've flown.  It still seems weird for me to think that I'm a mother of two boys now.  Sometimes when I sit back and think about life, I realize that at times, I still think of myself as this young college student who doesn't have any responsiblities...and definitely no kids.  So it seems weird to think that I have two kids. Then again, when I think about life without them it seems even weirder.  It's crazy to think that two months ago, there wasn't a Weston in our lives.  Funny how short two months can seem, but at the same time how long it can be too.  I can't imagine our lives without Weston anymore.  It is almost as if we've always had him with us.  In just a short two months, this little boy has definitely become part of our family and I love him very much. 

Okay, now for the updates:  I took Weston to his two-month appointment last week and the doctor thought he was looking at a 6-month-old.  He joked at how crazy it was that Weston doubled his weight since birth...from 8 pounds to 16 pounds!  Can you imagine doubling your weight in only two months?  He also said that since Weston was so large, its obvious that he isn't needing tons of food, so he told me that we could start to try and have him sleep through the night.  Crazy huh?  I kind of feel bad making the poor kid cry it out at 2-months-old, so we decided to drop his feeding at 2:00 and see if he would go to bed a little earlier.  Then we could slowly try to get him to drop his last feeding.  So far, it has been going pretty good.  He goes to bed by 9:30 or 10:00 now and usually only wakes up around 3:30 or 4:00.  And the good news is, last night the little guy slept until 5:45!  Can you believe it?  I kept waking up every half an hour thinking he'd be waking up, but he just kept sleeping.   I'm really hoping this will be a common routine of his and not just a one-time fluke.

Our little Chunky Monkey is so large!  Like I said, they weighed him and he was over 16 pounds and 4 ounces.  He wasn't even on the charts but hovering far above the 100 % line.  So silly.  The good news is his head and height are pretty standard...well, they are in the 90th percentile, but that is better than his weight.  I figure just like Kallen, the little guy will continue to be chunky for the first year and then just stop gaining any weight the following year. I was curious to see how Weston compared to Kallen at this age, so I looked up Kallen's weight at 2 months.  He only weighed 14 pounds, so Weston is even bigger than Kallen was.  Crazy little monkey.

Little Wes has also been smiling for the past month, but I've never been able to get a picture of him.  So today, while Tyson was home for lunch, I got some.  Weston loves to smile for his Daddy.

He has also discovered his hands this past week.  I don't know if he realizes they are hands, but he has started chewing on them.  I think its pretty cute.


A picture of his chunkiness in all his 16 pound glory.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so big!! I love him though! Totally cute! I can't wait to see him, and Kallen too! Hope the sleeping is going better!

Aaron Hill said...

he's a stud muffin just like his older brother and very much "un-like" his father...haha

Sara said...

So cute! He is so chubby and yummy, I just wanna eat his cheeks! My Weston is going for his two month appointment this morning, but I think he is only going to be over 10 pounds. Fun pictures, so good to see you are doing so well. And yay for more sleep!

carol said...

I love those chubby babies, just more to love! You need to take a pic of him just in his diaper to capture all those cute little rolls.

Jimmy's excited to see Tyson and the crew this week. Sounds like they're gonna have a lot of fun.

cameron said...

tooooooooo cute!!!! i can't believe you have two!!! so fun!!! love hte little chubbs

Sarah said...

Loved reading about Weston's chunkiness. I like a good chunky baby! Hey I was also scrolling down and reading about crayons. Here's something else that works well, if you don't want to buy a magic eraser (which, by the way, you shouldn't use on paint... learned that the hard way). Use a hair dryer to heat it up and immediately wipe it with a wet washcloth with a little dishsoap on it. It has taken off every crayon mark Lydia gets on tables. Also some on a toy... she got in trouble on that one. :)