Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fun Times in Oregon

This happened a month ago, but I still wanted to post some pictures. The day after Kallen's first birthday, we headed off to Oregon. There Kallen celebrated his first birthday again with his other Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles. He got so many new toys and had so much fun. They sure know how to spoil a kid there. Kallen also enjoyed playing with his cousin Dan. Unfortunately, I forgot that I brought our camera, so there are no pictures of this. Sorry!

After spending a few days in Eugene, we then traveled to the Oregon Coast with Grandma Hill. It was so much fun. The little inn we stayed at was right on the water, and it was sooo pretty. The good news is that when we got there, I found our camera, which means we have pictures. Hurray! Here they are.

Here is the view we had from the inn.


Here is one of the pretty sunsets we enjoyed.


While we were there, we did a lot of window shopping and also got to eat at the Sea Hag. Isn't that the greatest name? Here is Tyson and Kallen standing outside of it.


Kallen loved playing in the giant family room at the inn. It allowed him to crawl everywhere and discover so many new things. He also discovered that standing up against the windows and looking out was super fun.



We also got to spend some time on the beach. I thought Kallen might like the beach a little more than last time, however, this wasn't the case. Again, he hated getting sand on his hands and feet. Take a look at this picture below. He is trying his hardest to keep his hands and feet out of the sand. What a silly boy.


Although this was his initial reaction, Kallen eventually didn't mind the sand so much. Kallen was happy as long as he was walking on the sand and not crawling. So for the rest of the time, Tyson and I took turns walking around with him.





Our trip to the beach was short, but very fun. We can't wait to go back. Maybe next time, Kallen will enjoy the sand a little more.

No comments: