Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby Kallen!

I'm sorry it has been so long since I have posted. We were so busy there for a few weeks going on vacation and celebrating Kallen's birthday. Then, I just kept getting sidetracked and never posted. But no more...these are almost a month old, but here are pictures from Kallen's first birthday.

I still can't believe the little guy is a whole year old. I look at him and realize that he isn't my little baby boy anymore...he's a little boy. He zooms around the house now and gets into everthing! He climbs stairs and cruises everywhere. Sometimes it amazes me at how fast he can move and all the little crevices and corners he can get into. He no longer eats baby food, preferring instead to eat everything we eat (which sometimes isn't good since we don't eat so well.) And there isn't any more quiet snuggles with mommy. It's kind of sad. He'll never be my little baby ever again. But you know, its good that he is growing up. I know there are so many more fun things to look forward to now that he is getting older. So I guess I'll just have to remember all the good baby memories and be happy with the upcoming new memories that we are about to have with him.

Sorry for being a little sentimental. Let's get to the good stuff...pictures of the cutest kid ever!

Here are the cupcakes that I made for his birthday and some pictures of Kallen waiting to dig into one of them. Isn't he cute in his 1st birthday hat? I couldn't believe that he kept it on the whole time. He usually hates hats and I have to fight with him to keep them on...but maybe he sensed that this hat was special. I don't know. Either way, it always makes me smile to see him in this little hat.




I know that he should have probably only had one candle on his cake for his first birthday, but I wanted to use a whole bunch so they would show up in the videos we were taking. Kind of sad huh...I do things so they look good in pictures. We got a new camcorder for his birthday, so this was the first time we had used it...so I had to make sure that it looked good right? Well, I wish I could have posted some of the video we took, but I haven't gotten the software yet that allows me to edit it on our computer...so you all will have to wait for those.



Here is the little guy digging in. He was very slow and methodical at the beginning, but then he just started tearing the cupcake apart. The funny part was that he didn't really like eating it, but he sure did like smearing it everywhere. Funny kid.

Hey, want to know a secret? I chose to have his birthday party over at my parents house instead of ours for one big reason. I knew that he would make a mess with his cake and I didn't want to clean it up! If my Mom reads this, I know I'm going to be in big trouble, because she was the one who ended up cleaning it all up. Oh well, after looking at these pictures, I think everyone will agree with me that I made a good choice and it was worth the risk of my Mothers disgruntlement. He, he.





If you look closely at this picture you will notice that Kallen has frosting shoved all the way up his nose. You might think he did this himself, but he didn't. Good ol' Dad decided that Kallen wasn't making enough of a mess and decided to help out. He smeared that cupcake all over Kallen's face and in the process shoved it up his nose. If you couldn't tell, Kallen was not too happy about it. I can't blame him, I don't think I'd like my cupcake shoved up my nose. Silly Daddy.



Here Kallen is waiting to open his presents. I think he enjoyed the wrapping paper, the balloons and ribbon much more than the presents.







This has got to be the best part of the whole night. Tyson loved that we got Kallen helium balloons, because he wanted to use them to make his voice really high. From the very first moment we bought those balloons, he was after me to let him try using one...I kept telling him he would have to wait. So he did...he was very patient. After Kallen had opened all his presents, Daddy got his turn. Here is a video to show off Daddy's stuff.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that first cupcake photograph- its very artistic, and what a cute birthday boy. One is such a fun age.

Sarah said...

I got all sentimental just after the first birthday too. You are right, they just start looking like little kids and not babies anymore. I think he is just the cutest little chunk, and the more I look at his pictures, he seems to be an even mix of the both of you in looks. What a cutie!

Aaron Hill said...

I heart cup cakes!