Friday, November 7, 2008

Swings!

While we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa Hill a few months ago, Kallen got to go to one of the coolest parks.  He was so happy.  Since moving to Olympia, I haven't been able to find very many parks...at least ones that have swings (which is pretty much the only thing Kallen likes). You'd think that Olympian's fear swings, because I had to visit at least 5 or 6 parks around the area before I found one that had swings.  Anyway, enough of my complaining, here are a few pictures of Kallen at the park in Eugene.

This was one of those bridges where if you jump up and down, you can make it bounce up and down.  Kallen thought that was pretty cool.  Can't you tell by the large grin?

Besides the regular swing, Kallen loved the Tire Swing.  You don't find these very often either at parks?  Whats the deal?  They are taking away all the fun things that older parks use to have. Anyway, Kallen loves getting dizzy, I really don't know why.  I took him on this swing first, and Tyson turned us around and around, which turned out to be a very bad idea. Kallen loved it, however, Mommy felt differently.  Whenever I am pregnant, I get motion sickness very easily. It really is a bad thing.  In fact, if I even try to swing on a regular swing, or ride in a car without being the one to drive, I feel like I'm going to throw up.  Needless to say, the spinning on the tire swing made me almost throw up...I really had to hold it back.  So, since Mommy was out of commission for the next 2 hours, Grandpa was brave enough to take Kallen on it...even though he got sick afterwards too.  All the adults got sick from the Tire Swing, but Kallen wanted to go on it over and over.  Crazy kid...he loves getting dizzy.  I don't know where he gets it, because just the thought of that tire swing is making me woozy.

There is one thing that is very funny to watch when Kallen gets dizzy.  It's when he tries to walk around afterwards.  Because he went on the tire swing so much, he kept falling down every time he walked.  He thinks its hilarious and honestly, so does everyone else.  It is very funny watch. Here is a picture of him trying to walk.

Finally, here are some pictures of the squirt in a regular swing...his one true love.  Like I've mentioned before, Kallen could stay in a swing all day long if we let him.  He loves them!



1 comment:

Aaron Hill said...

Is that Emerald Park? If so they've changed it a lot. I guess I havent been back there in a while