Friday, July 27, 2007

Zoomania

Today, my family and a few friends went to the Woodland Park Zoo and we all had a blast. The plan was only to stay a few hours, but it turned into a great long day. We got there at about 10:00 and didn't leave until 3:30! That's a long time for little squirts. We had 8 kids with us, and by the end of the day, all had either cried or gotten hurt at some point. Rylan was the only kid who didn't experience either. Needless to say, by the time we went home, all were very tired, including the adults. :)

We had so much fun at the zoo. I got tons of pictures, and I couldn't choose which were my favorites...so I posted tons. I hope you aren't too overwhelmed. If so, just scroll down super fast.

The first thing we did was visit the zoo store. Grandma ended up buying Kallen a zoo hat and some sun screen becuase his silly mom forgot to bring one from home. Here he is. Isn't he cute?


We started out by seeing the Gorillas. We read that there are two large families of gorillas living there right now. They are so fun to watch. Here is a good portrait of one. Also, even though the next picture isn't the greatest, I wanted to include it because the gorilla was so funny. He was just lying there with his tongue out the entire time. Silly gorilla.



We also saw the Jaguar, which is amazing because I've never been able to see him at the zoo before. He has always been hiding or sleeping in the background. However, today was our lucky day. So here is a picture of him. It isn't the best, but I had to post it to prove that I really did see him.


We also visited the tropical rainforest part of the zoo. I didn't capture any fun animals here, but I was able to take some pictures of some pretty flowers that were around.




Baby Kallen got pretty tired after all this. So he sloutched in his chair for awhile and then eventually went to sleep.



Later that day, Kallen also got a little beat up and received his first real bump. He must have wanted to run around like the big kids, because before I knew it, he was squiming in his chair trying to get out and then he suddenly fell forward onto his face. I felt so bad. Poor kid, he started screaming and he received this little bump on his forehead. He was super tough though, he cried for only a few seconds. Don't worry, by the time I took this picture he was just fine...he was just trying to eat Grandma...he does that a lot.


Here are some of the other animals we saw during the day.



Here is my little niece Sharlie. Isn't she the cutest? I captured this moment when I think she was sneaking some fish crackers from the stroller. So sly.


One of my favorite things we visited today was the butterfly exhibit. It was great. I loved seeing all the butterflies and I loved taking their pictures. However, Kallen didn't pay any attention to them. Instead, he thought it was much more fun to play in the dirt. That is why he thought this exhibit was so great...it had nothing to do with the butterflies.







Here's a short video of Kallen doing what he does best...getting dirty.



Finally, here is a picture of everyone we went with, except for me and my Mom...we were taking pictures. It was such a fun day at the zoo!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad to see he likes getting dirty. He just wouldn't be a little boy if he didn't like to get dirty! Although Lydia likes getting dirty as well. I was just thinking as I was looking at your pictures how funny is parenthood and how it always makes you apply everything to your child. For instance, the picture of the Gorilla. What's he doing with his finger? When I saw that I immediately thought of Lydia doing that and how I would say, "Lydia, that's your bellybutton. Bellybutton, Lydia." You have fun pictures, Tenay, and you are a great photographer!