Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Scary Spiders

I don't know why, but spiders have started to invest our house for the past few days. Maybe they are trying to get me in the Halloween mood by making their presense known. I don't know. Either way, I'm not liking it.

On Monday night, after the Kallen baby went to sleep, Tyson and I decided to watch a movie. Blades of Glory...kind of funny but not a movie I'd rush out to buy. Anyway, as we were watching the movie I just happened to see something scurrying across our floor which caught my eye. What was that? I thought. I had a feeling that it was a spider, but I am always paranoid and think I see or feel spiders crawling on me all the time, so I initially thought that I should ignore this. But my paranoia got the better of me and I turned on the light as quickly as possible. I thought I saw the creature crawl under our coffee table, so I had Tyson put the movie on pause and then move the table. All of sudden I screamed, because the biggest spider I ever saw came rushing out towards me. Holy cow this thing was huge! I'm talking Old School silver dollar sized. I screamed to Tyson to kill it, and as he rushed to get some toilet paper I tried to deter the scary bug away from the couch. In the end, Tyson wasn't fast enough and I grabbed and used a shoe that Tyson had flung to me and smashed the evil bug. Yuck. Even though he was smashed, I still made Tyson give it a watery grave in the toilet.


Then today I kept getting attacked by more spiders and bugs. I was sitting on the couch and then suddenly I felt something on my arm. I looked down and there was another spider. This happened more than once today! What is the deal, YUCK! I absolutely hate spiders. I'm a firm believer that the only good spiders are dead spiders. I'm starting to get pretty paranoid by these creepy guys. I always check our covers and sheets before going to bed now. I've even started to search the internet to find out what kind of spiders are native to Washington. Bad news, I found out that we have an "aggresive house spider". Yep, that is the name, aggressive. I bet that is the one that attacked us during our movie night. Anyway, hopefully you all have been enjoying a spider free fall. I'm hoping that the other spiders in the area saw what we've been doing to their little friends and have decided to haunt someone else's home...or maybe they will come after me for revenge. Let's hope it isn't the latter. eek.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

If he didn't live in Utah (does he still) I would think Nathan might be behind something like this. I would be totally creeped out too. Yikes!

Abbie said...

YUCK! I walked out the door this morning to find a HUGE spider hanging down in front of me. I hate spiders too! Jeremy believes that you have to kill them to send a warning to the other spiders, so you did a good job. If you just let them outside, they go and tell the other spiders you're a push-over!

terrah said...

Yuck! We had some spiders too, I finally broke down and signed up for an exterminator service, and we rarely see them now!