Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Decorations

We were very on top of it this year and got all of our Christmas decorations up right after Thanksgiving. Are you all impressed? I sure am...it hasn't ever happened before.

Kallen loved helping us out with the decorations. While I started to put decorations up he liked to go through the boxes and pull things out. He has also taken a liking to some snowmen decorations that I have...probably because they are the only ones within his reach. Everything else has been placed very high up so little hands can't get to them. It's kind of funny. Because of Kallen, I don't have any decorations really that are from the waist down. I'm sure it looks funny, but hey, it keeps him from getting into everything. Also, we ended up not getting a real tree because we thought Kallen would tip it over or something. So we borrowed a smaller pre-lit tree from my parents. It actually turned out pretty cute, so I'm not too sad about it.



Kallen actually had to go to bed before I was done putting up the decorations. I was kind of sad, because I wondered if he would even notice them the next day, especially since they were high up, but he did! Tyson got up with him in the morning (and was nice to let me sleep in) and told me that as soon as he brought Kallen downstairs his little eyes lit up and he kept staring at the tree and the nativity. How cute is that.



Now he pretty much ignores everything except for the snowmen and the tree. He loves to be picked up so he can "gently" touch the tree. He even likes to brush his face against the leaves which makes him laugh.


PS: I'm having fun with Adobe Photoshop so I've been practicing the burn tool on these photos. What do you guys think? Do they look okay or are they just a little too burnt or overdone?

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Tenay Jo!

Your decorations look so beautiful. I just realized that I really don't have any...

We need to get together. I'm sure your weekends are packed with holiday stuff, but soon my friend!

PS. I run the BLOG on my MAC, which Jeremy detests but goes along with it to humor me... when my MAC breaks, he sure to buy me a PC

Sarah said...

Josh is kind of a guru, because of his graphic design background, so I asked his opinion. He says he likes the top one.

It is very fun to look at your deco. It is very pretty.