Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We started out our Halloween festivities by going to Chipotle with my parents.  I learned last year from one of my friends, Stephanie, that if you dress up as a burrito for Halloween (wearing tinfoil in some way), Chipotle will give you a free burrito.  No joke!  It was actually pretty fun making our little tinfoil accessories beforehand.  Tyson wore a Zorro mask, My Dad wore a tinfoil bow tie, My Mom a tinfoil sailor hat and I made some tinfoil glasses.  My Dad and Tyson even wore cool hats that went with their tinfoil costumes.  Silly guys.  

We loved our burritos.  Personally, our favorite was the steak fajita burrito.  Tyson highly recommends it.  It was also pretty funny because my parents were so shocked that the burriots were completely free without any strings attached.  It was funny.  My mom kept hesitating at the register thinking they were going to charge her something, but they didn't.  I definitely think that this is going to be a Halloween tradition every year.  Not only are we excited for our free burritos next Halloween, but I'm also excited to come up with new tinfoil costumes.  If any of you have a Chipotle in your area, go ahead and try this next Halloween. You won't regret it.

As you can see from the previous pictures, Kallen dressed up as a Dragon for Halloween.  I thought he was so cute.  My Mom was nice enough to make the costume for him, and I think it was better than any dragon costume that I could have bought for him.  It was also amazing because Kallen didn't mind having it on at all.  I was a little worried that he wouldn't wear the hat because he hates wearing hats.  But I was wrong...he actually enjoyed wearing his whole costume, which made me very happy.  The first time he tried it on, he ran to the mirror in his room and looked at himself with a big smile.  

Here Kallen is waiting to go Trick-or-Treating.  He was very impatient to go and waited for us at the door while we got our shoes on.

Hurray for Trick-or-Treating.  I love this picture, plus, I love how it shows Kallen's little Dragon tail.  I love it!  Kallen at first didn't know what to think of Trick-or-Treating.  He would go up to people's front doors just fine, but once they offered him candy, he'd back away and wouldn't want to take any.  He was so silly.  After a few houses, it finally clicked that these people weren't scary and if he went up to them he got candy.  So he started to accept their tasty offerings.  In fact, he got so good at it that after awhile instead of just taking one piece he would take big handfuls of candy instead.  

Kallen had a lot of fun Trick-or-Treating.  I also had a lot of fun seeing him experience it.  I can't wait to take him next year.  Halloween is so much better when you are a parent and can take your little squirts around.  Plus, you get to eat their candy with them...and it was tasty.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Kallens dragon suit! What is Tyson!? Zorro? Anyway, Im sooo happy you're updating the blog! I love seeing you guys!

Abbie said...

Welcome back to Blog Land, I've missed you! It's so fun to see all the pictures you've taken over the last few months. kallen has grown so big since I last saw him! How long are you guys going to be in Olympia? We should meet up for dinner. Or a day off I should come down and play!

Melissa said...

I didn't realize you were back to blogging....welcome back. Kallen is such a cutie- he looks so much like Tyson. I wonder is our Chipotle here does that Haloween promotion- sounds like fun!