Wednesday, November 12, 2008

King Kallen Party

I don't know how it got started, but we often refer to Kallen as "His Majesty", "King Kallen", or "His Royal Highness".  (Hopefully these titles won't give him too big of an ego when he grows up.) Those are just some of the many nicknames we have for the little guy.  There are others like: "bud bud", "Snickerdoodle", "Sputnick", "Stinky Pants", "Pipsquik", "Squirt", "Munchkin", "Little Man", "Wackamoose", "Number 1 or Number 1 Son", and "My Son", etc, etc. There are tons more...but I don't want to make this post too long.  I guess we really do call him a lot of names. 

Anyway, "His Majesty" is a name we use a lot with Kallen (especially if he is being a little temperamental), so we decided for his 2nd Birthday we would give him a Royal King Kallen Party.  I decided to decorate with red and gold.  I tried to get as much gold and red things as I could like: streamers, balloons, plates and forks, and even wrapping paper.  On a side note, if any of you ever want to find gold wrapping paper, just know that it was almost impossible to find...at least here in Olympia.  I had to go to two party stores, ToysRUs, Target, Walmart, the Grocery Store, and JoAnns before I found it.  Anyway, besides the wrapping paper, I was even able to find Kallen a royal red velvet crown and silver and gold necklaces to wear.  However, to Mommy's sadness, Kallen didn't really enjoy wearing the crown.  So it became more of a decoration than anything else.  

On the other hand, Kallen loved wearing his gold and silver necklaces...much to the chagrin of his Daddy.  Here he is lounging on the couch with his Teddy and necklaces.

For Kallen's party, Grandma and Grandpa Sutherland were able to come down as well.  So it was a great big family party.  Kallen loved having both of his Grandparents here.  

Here he is blowing out his candles with Daddy.

Kallen got a lot of loot for his birthday.  I think we all went a little overboard.  In fact, we ended up putting some of them up in the closest to save for Christmas.  Hey...he's two, he'll never know.

Kallen's favorite presents by far were these.  His shopping cart and his electronic keyboard.  He loves them and plays with them all the time.

After his party, we all went to our apartment's indoor pool.  Kallen loves the pool, so we thought this would be a great ending to a perfect birthday for him.  He had tons of fun...as you can see from the pictures below.

We were so happy that our families could come and visit during Kallen's birthday.  He had so much fun and loved having you all here.  Thank you for coming!

2 comments:

Aaron Hill said...

BOOOOOOOO....for Kallen's t-shirt selection.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHH.... For Kallen growing up... (i guess that would be another booooo though for you and Tenay)

MeganRuth said...

Thanks for posting those pictures. It was really good to see them and to see how you are doing. I personally love the king hat and the pictures from the pool. Super cute!!!