Thursday, February 3, 2011

Halloween Fun

You know, one thing that has been a little sad for me about living here in Moses Lake is their lack of pumpkin patches and Christmas tree farms. You would think that living in a farming community, that they'd have a place to go...at least I thought there would be. But there isn't anything. However, I was excited to discover that this year, the city had a small Halloween fair at one of the local parks for kids. It was small, but cute, and the boys enjoyed themselves.

Kallen and Weston each got to choose their own pumpkin. Weston, like Kallen, loves the color green. So of course he chose a green pumpkin. I'm still surprised the little guy could pick it up, but the kid seriously amazes us all the time with his super human strength.



There were all sorts of booths to stop at and do crafts and things, and even a tractor ride, but Kallen's favorite activity was the hay patch where you got to search for candy. He also enjoyed seeing a few of the small animals that were present.


I'm so glad that Moses Lake had this little Halloween carnival. It's the small things that make the holidays so much fun. Hopefully they will do it again next year.

No comments: